February 13, 2010

New Orleans Food and Carnival Festivities

Wednesday's parades may have been rained out and yesterday was the coldest day I've ever experienced in New Orleans, but today the temperatures are warming up and things are getting crazy around here!

The last few days have been spent visiting with friends and eating. And eating.
Fabulous lunches at Bayona, the Marigny Brasserie, Felipe's and Cochon Butcher.
A shrimp fest last night with Grilled Shrimp with Remoulade sauce, Shrimp Creole and Shrimp and Eggplant Casserole at a friend's house.
More shrimp last Wednesday night with another friend - we broiled up a couple pounds of these sweet, fat Gulf shrimp and served them with lots of green onions and spicy noodles. Divine!

Carnival this year is a busy one. The hotels are full and the streets are packed with revelers. The Superbowl win by the Saints has added another dimension to the customary Mardi Gras merriment.

We're about to head out again today for more celebrating and definitely more eating. I think a steaming hot bowl of seafood Gumbo is on the agenda.
Laissez les bon temps rouler!


Pin It

10 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Those Shrimps look amazing and what a great price too!! I could do with them over here!!

You are having such a great time too :-)

The Chef In My Head said...

What a great city New Orleans is! Enjoying your blog, I will be back again and again ~LeslieMichele

spacedlaw said...

Yum. Shrimps!

Betty Carlson said...

How I love shrimp! Continue to enjoy...

WV: scones! Not quite the right culture!

Tish Jett said...

How embarrassing, I just found you.

What a great blog. We have friends who live in "downtown" Roussillon and I think I could live there in a heartbeat as long as I could hop on a train to Paris from time to time. It is such a beautiful little corner of France.

Your little plug for cheese is hilarious.

Warm regards,
Tish

Tales of the Quarter said...

Great to see you back in our fair city! You look marvelous and we love you lots!
Debbie and Company

Po Boy New Orleans said...

Proving again that you can leave New Orleans but New Oeleans does not leave you. Lovely to see you again, my friend.

Jennifer said...

Anne
Having the best time! Sadly am leaving tomorrow but am very ready to go home to France.

The Chef in my Head
It is a fabulous city!
Look forward to hearing from you again. Thanks for commenting!

spacedlaw
Been eating as much as I can because you just can't get these good Gulf shrimp in France

Betty
I love them too!
(definitely not the right culture)

Tish
Glad you found me!
Look forward to hearing from you again. :)

Debbie
SO good to see you too and plan on stopping in again today so we'll have a bit more time together.

Philipe
So true! I have such amazing friends in this city.
See you this afternoon.

wcs said...

Until I realized that those jars were lying on their sides in a bin, I was trying to figure out what was making them levitate!

Sounds like you had a good trip. You'll be glad to get home again.

Jennifer said...

wcs
They do look like they're levitating! lol
Maybe I should crop it?
Very excited to get home. :)