May 14, 2012

Le Château de Canisy

Château de Canisy - Painting

Château de Canisy

At the beginning of March I got a phone call that changed everything.

I was a day away from starting a new work contract and was thrilled to be done with the tediousness of updating my CV, writing lettres de motivation and thinking about what to say during a French job interview. We had recently moved into an adorable rental house and were feeling settled in Normandy.
So my immediate reaction was thanks, but no thanks.

A few days later they called again and explained more of what the job entailed. When I got home that night I had a look at the Château de Canisy's website and decided that this kind of opportunity doesn't just come along every day.

I called back the next day and agreed to an interview.
I figured if it didn't work out, at least it was a chance to see the inside of the place.

Château de Canisy

Salon

Canisy isn't a hotel in the traditional sense, it's more like a B&B that just happens to be a château. And it has a fascinating history that goes back almost 1000 years. 1000 years!
History that includes William the Conqueror, Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette and Alexis de Tocqueville.

Now this is where I get to go to work every week.
Will somebody please pinch me?

Salon Canisy's Dining Room

Music Room

Château de Canisy

Château de Canisy

Château de Canisy

Château de Canisy

Château de Canisy

Château de Canisy Château de Canisy - stairs

On the water

Château de Canisy



Pin It
Post a Comment