November 29, 2012

Photo du Jour - Winter Cheese

mont d'or Cheesea>

 Vacherin du Haut Doubs, a.k.a. le Mont d'Or. A winter delight!

Just a reminder - its season is agonizingly short, so enjoy every bite of this beautiful, rich fromage while you can.

Pin It


Nadege said...

The photo at first reminded me of fromage blanc of my childhood. We used to put cream on top then sugar. Delicious! I am not sure I ever had Mont d'or. (The doctor told me to go easy with cheese).

Mary said...

And it's white like winter too. Well, not white where i live, but anyway... This looks divine. Love the cheese. Doesn't matter what kind!

Loulou in France said...

Fromage blanc with berries or jam is my favorite way.
What a shame that you aren't supposed to eat cheese!

I like how the rind is snowy white, reminiscent of a winter landscape.

Sylvia said...

We had our first of the season this week. Baked with a splash of Pouilly Fume, them served with cornichons, boiled potatoes and a charcuterie platter. The guests left nothing for leftovers!!!!

Loulou in France said...

You've just inspired me to buy another box this weekend. :)