December 1, 2012

The "Kids"

My Boys

I don't have kids, but I do have two dogs and a cat. I adore them and I dote on them. A lot.

Speck, on the left, is almost 15 years old. He's riddled with arthritis and has become a fussy, irritable old man. There are moments when I find his neediness really difficult, but at the same time my heart aches for him and his confusion and frustration about his pain. So I try my best to be patient. He takes medication every day, which helps him a bit.

Tico, on the right, is 12 years old. He loves us, and only us. And food. In general, he dislikes new places and new people, though there have been a few who have wooed him over and become his friend. Especially if they have offered him treats. And it seems that the older he gets, the more tolerant he has become when meeting new people.

Domino

We also have a gorgeous black and white cat named Domino.
We found him abandoned by his mother when he was only two weeks old, so we had to bottle feed him for those first few weeks. You would think that there would be a close bond between us after that, right? Nope. He prefers the dog's company much more than he prefers ours. And of course they think he's crazy and avoid him as much as possible.

Voilà! Our little family. I hope you've enjoyed meeting them.


More dog and cat photos here.
As I said, I don't have kids, so I hope I'm allowed some gratuitous pet photos from time to time!



Pin It
Post a Comment