September 12, 2006

Five Things I've Eaten and Think Everyone Should Eat at Least Once


219491784_c43310eb01.jpg

Melissa at The Traveler's Lunchbox suggested this project in late August and ever since I've been mulling over my list of five
things I've eaten and think that everyone should eat at least once before they die.

Here they finally are.

1. huckleberries
My grandparents had a cabin in the mountains of Oregon and every summer we would help them pick these beautiful little berries for pies and jam. (although most would end up getting eaten immediately)

2. New Orleans BBQ shrimp
A gorgeous, messy, peppery experience! Must have french bread alongside for soaking up the sauce.

3. young chèvre drizzled with acacia honey
Such a beautiful pairing...the smoky, saltiness of the cheese and the sweetness of the honey.

4.Oaxacan mole
I try it in any restaurant that makes their own. The best I've ever had was a little place in El Paso, a lucky find on a road trip from New Orleans to San Francisco. It is so amazing and complex and impossible to find in the south of France! Avoid the commercial jarred version.

5. peanut M & M's
Can't explain why I adore them, I just do.
Pin It

4 comments:

Katie said...

Great minds think alike! And I like yours - Peanut M & M's, may not be gourmet but I can never stop 'til i eat the whole bag...

Riana Lagarde said...

Yumm, I love all those things as well!!!

I'm starting up my cooking classes this fall, you should come to one or two of them!!

Jann said...

I am enjoying your posts! Found you from Mimi.......happy cooking!

Betty Carlson said...

The goat cheese and honey sounds great - -I've even that on puff pastry tarts, it's heaven! A LOT of us have done the "five favorite foods" thing...