April 6, 2013

Scary and Exhilarating. All at the Same Time.

Barfleur

Just writing this post is scary. But it's kind of exhilarating too. {deep breath}

I love writing, I love taking photographs and I love connecting with my readers.
I love having this blog.

Lately though, I feel like my passion is waning.

I feel like I shouldn't write about what I want to write about because it doesn't "fit."
Like I have to live up to certain expectations. Like I've painted myself into an "expat living in France" corner. And that is the only thing that defines me and this blog.
I'm starting to feel suffocated.

Admittedly, I am my own worst enemy. I am the one putting this pressure on myself and trying to live up to these ridiculous expectations.

So I've decided that it stops now.

Starting today I am going to write what I want, share what I want, and not worry so much. That means that some things will change and some things will stay the same. I guess it depends on how I'm feeling at that particular moment.

Being an American living in France is a huge part of this blog, and it always will be. Because I am an American living in France. And even now, after ten years of life in France under my belt, I still find joy in the little things, the little differences, and want to share them. There are so many facets of life here that I still find delightful. And fascinating.
I still want to capture those moments, those vignettes, those funny, sometimes frustrating, sometimes perplexing interactions.
They are still part of my life.
But there is so much more. More that I want to write about and more that I want to share.

And I'd love it if you would stick around and see where this all goes.


Pin It
Post a Comment