May 16, 2011
Inspiration From A French Market
French markets inspire! How can they not?
Walking through our local market, I can't help but be seduced by the juicy berries, the snappy green beans, the tender lettuce, the shiny eggplant.
Each season has its highlights, which require only a minimal amount of effort in the kitchen, so planning a menu is easy. Simply purchase the freshest fruit and vegetables and mix and match with eggs, meat, cheese, more fruit, more vegetables, whatever you're craving.
Right now the stalls are piled high with asparagus, strawberries, radishes, artichokes, spring onions and spring garlic.
Here are a few recipes to tempt you.
- baked asparagus risotto
- barely cooked asparagus with lemon-mustard vinaigrette
- ham and asparagus quiche
spring garlic and spring onions
- scallion (green or spring onion) pancakes with ginger dipping sauce
- savory cheese and scallion scones
- cumin scented summer bean salad
radishes with curly-q roots
- radishes with fresh butter and fleur de sel
- quick radish pickles
- sautéed chicken and radishes with mustard and tarragon
bundles of artichokes - small purple ones or big green globes
- braised artichokes with ham and green garlic
- roasted whole artichokes
- artichauts à la barigoule
baskets of ruby strawberries
- strawberry clafoutis
- strawberry frozen yogurt
- fraises au vin rouge Pin It