April 18, 2011

What is Your Favorite Place in France?

Marseille - le Panier

I love posing random questions on Twitter from time to time.

So far I've asked about French cheese, French wine and French food.
Now that I know what my Twitter "friends" love to eat and drink in France, I wanted to know about their favorite places in France.

The Question: What is Your Favorite City, Town or Region of France? And Why?

The Responses...

Église de la Madeleine

Some of the responses surprised me and have given me new regions to add to my "must visit one day" list. Paris wasn't mentioned as often as I thought it would be and some of the answers are places I know and love as well.

Mine. Lagrasse Languedoc, cobbled streets, fab food, river swimming, memories to make me smile :)

The historic town of Cognac...it's lively all year round, terrific restaurants and the beautiful Charente meanders through it.

RamblingEpicure There are so many wonderful cities and villages in France. How could one possibly choose?
RamblingEpicure Paris, Chartres, Annecy, Nice, but I can add lots more!

I really like the area around Saumur. It's a beautiful region with lots of chateaux, wine, good food & friendly people.

TOULOUSE 'cause it's the best town... simply

i know i'm in the minority but i ♥ Pas de Calais - interesting history, gorgeous beaches & not overcrowded, lovely people 
full disclosure, my in-laws come from there, so have visited many times, would move there if we had the opportunity

Huiles

I love the Luberon- good food grown locally, beautiful fruits/veg, sunshine, lavender, olive oil, lovely people, tangy accent

Anjou. Because of family ties, history and the fact that it is plain gorgeous. Good food and wine too.

definitely not Picardie
well I loved living in La Rochelle but I don't know what the rest of that region is like-I didn't do any traveling while there
  
provence!

Provence without doubt, all the scenery, amazing villages, lavender fields, the list is endless

the Loire Valley. Beautiful scenery, chateaux and the quaint wooden houses.

there is so much of France that I have loved visiting, it's hard to choose just one
But Brittany has a special place in my heart - truly fabulous seafood, crêpes, cider... Beautiful memories- that always helps!

@ ditto for Brittany (though haven't really seen that much of France to be honest).

Château de Brissac

loire valley...just gorgeous (and where my brother lives)!

Honfleur. I'd move there at the drop of a hat. But there's still a lot of the country I haven't seen.

Nord Pas-de-Calais
V. difficult to choose just one region (so many faves!), so I'm supporting the underdog! Look fwd to reading your post.

Really, really difficult to choose. I love the Basque Country because it's green a rolling, and has a wonderful coastline

Cote d'Or: stunning & diverse scenery, amazing wine, delicious regional specialities, medieval architecture, unspoilt villages

I absolutely love the area around Cassis and Toulon! Great seafood and love the falaises....

17 - Royan. The modern architecture, the proximity to the forest and beaches. 64 - Bayonne. The food, the people, the beach.

I have to choose?

Paris ;-) otherwise, the Loire, its wine (sancerre, Pouilly...), cheese (crotin de Chavignol) castles, cathedrals, history...

My vote is for St. Malo for its crazy tides, cute sailors, and killer seafood!

Cassis

lyon. Has everything I need, rich history and was the place that made france home for me.

Just one? Okay, city: Strasbourg. Region: Brittany.

Metz :)

I love Oleron and La Rochelle

 hossegor

Nice is my all time favourite, very cosmo, very individual, love its little satellite towns. Food, sun, sea and lots of fun!

Can Montmartre count as a city of its own :) ?  
(I said, yes!)

côte d'azur :)

Paris without doubt. Can't wait to visit again

love the south... ie Saint Rafael and Luberon region

re: fave place in Fr -- Paris is great and all, but I truly like my friend's home in Antibes (Côte d'Azur). It's lovely there.

Narbonne. Don't ask why...

Chartres, where spiritual roads come together !

All of it, but most of our time is spent in mostly because we have many friends there.

Paris Monuments

Love Aix-en-Provence!

Loire

Paris for me.

My heart belongs to Nice - Ellie, Ed Asst

Paris

Vendée! Lovely people, great beaches, some good but less popular wine, gâche (yummy brioche), and huîtres :-)

louloufrance I will always love Cassis. And Paris, of course!


What about you? What is your favorite city, town, or region of France?

Les Huîtres Pin It
Post a Comment