December 10, 2019

Carb(onara) Loading in Paris

Carb(onara) Loading

Les grèves in Paris continue...*

I've been averaging seven miles a day on foot since last Thursday to get to and from my food tours, but this morning I had a long walk across the river for a cheese workshop, and as an added bonus there was a huge protest march this afternoon, so it took me almost two hours to get home after being rerouted due to closed bridges and roads.

The entire time I was walking (and hungry!) I was focusing on two things;  one was not getting run down by the inexperienced cyclists and trottinette drivers, and the other was making a giant bowl of comforting, filling spaghetti carbonara for dinner when I got home.

And a giant bowl it was! I should have invited several friends over to share it with us. (However, I know I'll appreciate the leftovers when I get home tomorrow night!)




*There are a few more days of strikes (grèves) predicted, but hopefully things will get back to normal by this weekend. 





Pin It

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the slippers. Comfort wear and comfort food go hand in hand.

Jennifer said...

Love my slippers! :)

Emm said...

Your carbonara picture had me rummaging for directions, it looked so good.
During a subway strike in New York years ago, I walked about 10-12 miles roundtrip to work, so you have my sympathies.