January 4, 2011

Photo du Jour - Fromagerie

Fromagerie du Puits Neuf

A little gem in the center of Saumur, la Fromagerie du Puits Neuf.
  Pin It


Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

That makes my mouth water!!! Diane

spacedlaw said...


Betty C. said...

I love to see cheese displayed on shelves like that -- it's a very nice "présentation."

Loulou in France said...

It should! :)

It was a great little shop. Nice owner and great selection. Wish it weren't so far away.

I agree. Much more attractive when it's not all locked away behind glass.

sarah said...

what a selection! how do you choose?

chitra said...

Thank you for a delectable shot....a big question ....have you asked how they keep track of their inventory ....cheese is such a delicate commodity..age/time/temperature dependent for flavor ...it must be a complex method keeping on top of it without incurring great loss. Have you done a feature on that aspect of a fromagerie?

Loulou in France said...

I'm trying to taste every cheese in France so I go through and find the ones I haven't tasted yet. :)

This Fromagerie keeps everything out on the shelves instead of in a cold case, so the shop is kept at a very cool temperature to reduce spoilage. I imagine the inventory is managed by tracking what was ordered vs. what was sold.
I've never written about that aspect of a Fromagerie, but that is a great idea. Thanks!