May 23, 2008

(Almost) Too Pretty To Eat

These cute, little macaroon chocolates were an unexpected treat from friends who came around for lunch on Tuesday.
My husband was ready to dive into the box later that afternoon but I diverted his attention (with my overwhelming charm and impressive willpower) and tucked them away until later. We were already full from our meal and I wanted to wait until we could really enjoy them.

And I was itching to take some photos, of course.


too pretty to eat


Tuesday slid into Wednesday which somehow became Thursday and the box still sat there, pristine and unopened.
So here it is, Friday already.

My poor husband has ogled the chocolates for three days without one word of complaint. I decided it was time to put him out of his misery and take the photos I wanted so we could finally gobble them up taste one or two.


finally open!



in a matter of minutes, three disappeared


They were worth the wait! Pin It

10 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I don;t have a really sweet tooth, but the more pictures I see of Macaroons, I think I must try one!!

Lovely treat from your friends :-)

Katie Zeller said...

I always want them immediately... but I know I'll enjoy them more if I'm hungry. You must have some impressive wiles to get him to wait that long.....

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful! Is everything more beautiful in France?

Jennifer said...

anne
Macaroons are pretty, aren't they? These were little praline stuffed chocolates that look like little macaroons.
They were delicious!!!

katie
Yes, I do. :)

Wendl
Sometimes things feel that way!

Betty Carlson said...

Did you know Yves Thuriès is from the Tarn -- at least he really took off there. He has or had a restaurant in Cordes-sur-Ciel, Le Grand Ecuyer. I caught a picture of him for one of my blog posts; he had come to Rodez for a Salon du Chocolat.

Jennifer said...

Betty
No, I didn't know that, thanks for the info!
I really want to visit Cordes-sur-Ciel someday. It looks lovely.

Betty Carlson said...

I did one or two posts on the town about a year ago. I would definitely suggest going off-season though -- but not TOO off-season because it's deserted.

sally in norfolk said...

They look fantastic... glad you shared them with us :-)

Paola Westbeek said...

Gorgeous! And I bet they were delicious!

paola

Jennifer said...

Betty
Our friends from Albi who have a vacation home in our village have offered to take me sometime, along with some other picturesque villages in the area. I'll definitely avoid it at the height of summer.

Sally
Glad you enjoyed the photos!

Paola,
They were divine! We still have half of the box but it won't last too much longer.