Saveur Magazine releases a Top 100 list every year in their January issue. I've decided to make a list of my own.
I'm not going to do write the entire list in one post, but will add at least 10 a day for the next week or so. I'm starting with only 5 tonight because I need to get off the computer and go make some dinner!
1. Fran's Chocolate GoldBar. A Seattle based chocolate maker.
2. Muscat St. Jean de Minervois. Can be served as an aperitif wine, is a perfect accompaniment for foie gras or as a dessert wine.
3. Crystal Hot Sauce. A favorite since 1923. Their plant was destroyed in hurricane Katrina but they plan to open another, although not in New Orleans.
4. Manny & Isa's Kitchen, Islamorada, Florida. Haven't eaten there in a few years, but I still can taste their amazing Shrimp Enchilado.
Manny & Isa's Kitchen
US Highway 1
5. OXO's Good Grip Citrus Zester. Every kitchen needs one.