January 12, 2024

Cheese and Wine Tasting in Paris


For the last 18 years I've explored French food, culture, wine and cheese through this blog. Now heading in an exciting and natural new direction, as of spring 2023, I will be offering an in-person experience devoted to tasting and appreciating French cheese.

My goal is to share my deep passion for the subject and to demystify the delicious, often aromatic, sometimes intimidating world of fromage!


The tasting includes:
  • A comfortably seated, 2½-3 hour cheese and wine workshop in a wine shop

  • 10-12 French cheeses paired with 4-5 wines (and/or possible other drinks)

  • A fun, sensory and educational experience


You will go away with:

  • A deeper understanding of cheese

  • Confidence in purchasing, serving and slicing

  • Cheese and wine pairing insight and know-how

  • A new love for cheese, including their varied flavors, aromas and textures



The small group format, maximum 8 people, which includes all the cheese, bread, accompaniments and drinks, is €130 per person (please see note).
They will be offered most Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at noon.

To book a tasting, or for any questions you may have, please contact me at louloufrance@gmail.com

This experience can be customized for private groups, just ask!




Note: Please send an email to discuss a private tasting if you would like to include children under 14 years old



Pin It

20 comments:

Carina said...

This is fantastic! Well done. Can't wait to book a spot.

Jennifer said...

Thank you Carina! :)

Patricia said...

I heard you on David Leibovitz’s podcast and would love to book a session when I’m in Paris.

Jennifer said...

Hi Patricia
I hope you enjoyed the podcast! We had a great time taping it. :)
Please send me an email with your Paris dates and let's get you booked for a tasting!

Barbara L said...

Oh wow, sounds so great. I’ll be in Paris in February, too early to enjoy your cheese and wine offering.

Mary said...

This is wonderful news! We were in Paris in November, but when we come again, I would love to do this. Cheese!!

Jennifer said...

Barbara - Please reach out to me for a tasting next year! :)

Jennifer said...

Mary = Let me know when you're heading back to Paris and hopefully we can arrange something!

Anonymous said...

tasting next year!

sckoehler said...

What location is the cheese/wine tasting held?

Narzon Tomson said...

The quality of your articles and contents is great

vrbo rentals

Jennifer said...

sckoehler - It is held in a wine shop in the 11ème. I send the exact address once you sign up.

Jennifer said...

Narzon - Thank you!

Gail Boisclair said...

What a fabulous tasting and exploration of cheeses we had with Jennifer! She is, by far, the queen of everything cheesy! Thank you so much!!!

Jennifer said...

Gail - you were a delightful group! Thank you again!

Timothee Lambert said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Angela Johnson said...

I was lucky enough to do this tasting with Jennifer in April, it is fantastic and if you are on the fence I encourage you do it! Hope to do it again when I'm there in October.

Corteiz Crtz said...

Wonderful taste and Beautiful Packing love it.

Dvora said...

Hello Jennifer,
I lost touch with your blog but reading about the bedbugs in Paris I thought of you and thought I'd get in touch. I don't know if you remember me. I live in Figueres and also write a blog (Beyond the Pale), except mine is about Catalonia! I wanted to tell you that I've written a book, and although it is about Catalonia and not about France, I still think you might enjoy it (No Regrets: A Life in Catalonia), but mainly I just wanted to say hi to a fellow expat blogger whom I've known (virtually) for a long time. Stay well. Dvora

Kirsti from California said...

Thanks, Jennifer, for a terrific class this week. You illuminated the world of cheese with straightforward, fascinating info. We were filled with delicious cheese, diverse accompaniments and nice wine. We look forward to the next level class the next time we’re here!