November 17, 2008

Photo du Jour - Palmiers


Little, savory palmiers.
Puff pastry rolled out into thin sheets, a layer of Dijon mustard, a drizzle of honey, a layer of thinly sliced prosciutto and a good dusting of Parmesan cheese, rolled up from each side so they meet in the middle, then sliced into little hearts and baked until golden.

Sweet palmiers used to be my favorite treat from the boulangerie. Flaky and sugary, they shower you with sticky crumbs while you eat them.

These savory versions are perfect for parties or to serve with apéros. Pin It

5 comments:

Cathy said...

I love this savory version of an old favorite. These would be lovely served with a hearty green salad and soup.

Ken Broadhurst said...

Nice!

Jennifer said...

cathy
Yes! Great idea.

ken
thanks!

Anonymous said...

These sound amazing! They incorporate some of my favorite flavors with one of my favorite convenience foods: puff pastry. If only I'd seen these yesterday - then I would be serving them at my dinner party tomorrow. I'll keep them stowed for the next!

Jennifer said...

hayleysuzanne
You'll love them. And so will everyone else! :)