There are summer recipes and there are summer recipes. Last night I made a fresh peach tart from one of my favorite cookbooks, French Farmhouse Cookbook.
Only the pastry is cooked so the topping is fresh and cold and really amazing. My husband and I and our friends all agreed it was delicious!
Fresh Peach Tart
- 1 cup plain yogurt (non-fat is fine)
- 3 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup crème fraîche or heavy (whipping) cream
- 3 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh berries to sprinkle on top for color contrast, I’ve also used sliced kiwi fruit
- 10 inch puff pastry (store bought if you need to save time), pre-baked in a tart pan with removable sides
In a small bowl whisk together the yogurt, brown sugar and vanilla. In another small bowl, whisk the crème fraîche until it holds stiff peaks. Fold the crème fraîche into the yogurt mixture.
Spread the mixture in the pre-baked tart shell. Arrange the peach slices on the cream and sprinkle with the berries.