May 11, 2014

New (and more delicious) Directions

Wine and cheese tasting

All the cheese in France couldn't make up for the frustration and disappointment I felt over what happened with my job last year. I honestly thought that I would spend many happy years working at the château. My colleagues were fantastic and I loved almost everything about working there. Unfortunately things took a turn for the worse last summer and the stress and hours became unbearable. It's a long story...
I'll just say that after months of soul searching and many, many sleepless nights, I finally made the decision not to return this year.

I let that door close behind me.
And almost immediately another one opened.

Saucisson au Sanglier. #paris

Patrick Roger Chocolaterie

Androuet

Isn't it funny how that happens?

Just when I was floundering and feeling unsure of what to do next, the perfect opportunity presented itself... These days you can find me leading tours and sharing my passion for French cheese, wine, pastries, chocolate and charcuterie with like minded food lovers in Paris for Paris by Mouth.

Now I'm doing one of the things I love most, and I have both the unbearable craziness and drama of last summer, and good friends who were looking out for me to thank.
I owe you one.



Pin It

22 comments:

A Normandy kitchen said...

Good news and what a wonderful new job!
Best of both worlds Paris/Normandy...
Good luck.
Ivan

bonnie poppe said...

Unbelievable! Just exactly what you probably do best. I'm very happy for you!
bonnie

Veronica said...

That sounds like a job just made for you! Brilliant :)

Jen Dealtry said...

So pleased! I wondered why you were always going to Paris!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on new directions ! I took a Paris by Mouth tour in February and loved it.

Eileen said...

Mmm great choice of cheeses for that picture! ;-)

SE said...

I love it when bad situations get tossed aside and then something better comes along. Congratulations! And taking a Paris by Mouth tour will be on my list for my visit to France... can't wait!

Anne said...

Very cool (I will take one of those Patrick Roger "eyeballs" please.) Will look forward to more food centric posts.

bbonthebrink said...

The expression 'the darkest hour is just before dawn' really is true. It's happened to me on several occasions. It's pretty horrible, but when 'dawn' arrives it feels wonderful. Congratulations!

echal0tte said...

Yay! Congratulations! Funny how the best things often work that way!

Carina said...

Fantastic news! Now there is more of a reason to head to Normandy - to do a food / market tour with you. :)

Jennifer Greco said...

Ivan
Thanks! I do feel like it's the best of both worlds. :)

bonnie
It's really incredible, isn't it?
Merci.

Jennifer Greco said...

Veronica
It SO is. :)

Jen
I know...I've been a bit vague about everything lately.

Jennifer Greco said...

Anon
Thanks for the comment and very glad to hear you enjoyed your tour!

Eileen
Aren't they wonderful looking? Glad you like the photo.




Jennifer Greco said...

Anon
Thanks for the comment and very glad to hear you enjoyed your tour!

Eileen
Aren't they wonderful looking? Glad you like the photo.




Jennifer Greco said...

SE
Thanks for such a kind comment. :)

Anne
Love those "eyeballs"!"

Jennifer Greco said...

bb
Very, very true! Merci!

Echalotte
It is funny, isn't it? :)

Jennifer Greco said...

Carina
Yay! I would love that!

Sharon said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a match made in heaven. I was wondering why you were spending so much time in Paris, mind you I would worry about my waistline!

rose said...

This is so funny. I just discovered their blog today and then I see your post! That is wonderful. CONGRATS!!!

Jennifer Greco said...

Sharon
Thanks and I'm glad I've answered the question for you. :)

rose
Merci!

spacedlaw said...

How did I MISS this?
(especially since i did notice you were often going to Paris)