November 18, 2013

A New Orleans Treasure - Kitchen Witch Cookbooks

The Kitchen Witch

I have a thing for cookbooks. And luckily, I have friends who do too.

Every time I'm in New Orleans, I head down to the Quarter and stop by The Kitchen Witch. I usually show up late in the day, just before closing, so I can enjoy an apéro with the owners, Debbie and Philipe, who are old friends of mine. Then I make a point to visit a second time so I can have a leisurely look around the shop to see what's new. And I always leave some extra room in my suitcase, because it's inevitable that I'll come home with a cookbook or two.

The Kitchen Witch

The Kitchen Witch

The Kitchen Witch is a veritable Aladdin's Cave of treasures! They offer mostly used cookbooks, with a mix of new and used Cajun and Creole books thrown in for good measure. When I visited last winter they had first edition/first printings of Mastering the Art of French Cooking, volumes 1 and 2, the bookplates of which were signed by Mme. Julia Child herself. I hope someone has given them a loving home by now.

The Kitchen Witch

The Kitchen Witch

If you find yourself in New Orleans, pop by and say hello to Debbie and Philipe.
The Kitchen Witch is located on Toulouse Street, between Royal and Chartres Streets, pretty much smack dab in the middle of the French Quarter.
If you're like me, you'll find their little shop irresistible.

The Kitchen Witch

The Kitchen Witch

Kitchen Witch Cookbooks 
631 Toulouse Street 
New Orleans, LA 70130 
(504) 528-8382




Pin It

2 comments:

Michel said...

I love bookstores especially those that specialize in or have a large section devoted to cookbooks. Yay to "Kitchen Witch Cookbooks."

Jennifer said...

Michel
It's a wonderful and unique little shop! If you're ever looking for something, don't hesitate to contact them.