September 20, 2007

Photo du Jour


Apéro evening in a neighboring village to celebrate the opening of a new lunchroom at the little grade school.

We were at the school's playground, there was a speech by the mayor and about 100 people with their children. There aren't kids in this photo, but they were running around all evening and playing on some playground equipment just to the left of this photo.

100 people...so maybe 50 bottles of local wine were drunk? Maybe more. At the grade school.
To celebrate a new lunchroom.
Fifty plus bottles of wine. And they had proper glasses to drink from, too. None of these flimsy plastic things.
I love France. (even though their bureaucracy is a royal pain) Pin It

5 comments:

Pink of Perfection said...

see, it's things like this that make me think i'm living in the wrong country! life goes down easier with wine. :)

wcs said...

I really like how the French are not as prudish about stuff as Americans can be. :)

Jennifer said...

sarah
It was a great event! People celebrating with food and their local wine. Exactly the way it should be!

wcs
me too! That scene would never happen in the States.
But why not? Nothing is wrong with serving a little wine with your nibbles. It is healthier than coca-cola!

Anonymous said...

I was drinking hard cider at my daughter's meet-the-other-kindergarteners picnic, and several people commented on it. Now I feel like I'm going to be labled as "the lush" of the kindergarten moms! America is funny.

Jennifer said...

wendl
you drank BOOZE at your child's kindergarten event???
I am sure that the other parents were shocked and dismayed at your deviant behavior. :)