La Bella Sognatrice at Bleeding Espresso tagged me for an interesting meme yesterday.
"The Seven Songs I Would Pick If I Could Only Listen To Seven Songs For The Rest Of My Life, Which, Yeah, Like Someone Is Going To Impose That Condition On Me, And Assuming I Can Even Come Up With Seven.”
The original meme asked for "Seven Songs You Are Into Right Now."
I was given the choice and I chose the former, which is much more fun!
My jet lag kept me up half the night anyway, so I had plenty of time to think about seven songs. Why do I always get tagged for meme's when I have jet lag?
1. Because it invokes memories of afternoons drinking champagne and dancing in my backyard in the Seattle summer sun with my girlfriends, ABBA's Dancing Queen definitely makes the list.
2. Annie Lennox is a goddess. I loved her with Dave Stewart in the Eurythmics and I love her on her own. There are several of their/her songs that could make this list but if I have to chose just one it would have to be Erased. "Well here I go, remembering again. All the anger and the blame. People in glass houses shouldn't throw those stones. But...something just flew through my windowpane." The pain and bitterness are palatable.
3. Wonderful! Wonderful! by Johnny Mathis. A great song with sweet lyrics. It is forever etched in my mind however, as the music in a wicked X-Files episode entitled Home.
4. This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody) by the Talking Heads. I just love this one.
5. Sheryl Crow is another one I love and choosing just one song was tough, but A Change has got to be it. "Hello its me. I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone."
6. Via Con Me by Paolo Conte. Another song full of the lyrics "it's wonderful, it's wonderful." (is there a theme here?) I love his raspy voice.
7. I need at least a couple of good songs to dance and sing along to, so after Dancing Queen I have to add Copacabana by Barry Manilow to the list. Poor Lola with that faded feather in her hair. The ultimate karaoke song.
I'm going to tag Donna, Susan, who loves her music, Sam and Laurie. Take your pick of which meme to do and let's see what you come up with!
Thanks Sognatrice! This was a fun meme!