December 26, 2006

Making Bread

Yeah, I love the no-knead bread recipe. I love the crumb and the crispy crust and think it is really delicious.
However, I have to think about starting it the day before I want it and sometimes that is just too damn far in advance! I like to know that I can walk in the door at 5 pm and have bread for dinner at 8 pm.
A little less than a year ago, I started this blog with a post about bread. I haven't made this bread in months and this afternoon we got home from a Boxing Day party at our English friend's house and I was really craving some homemade bread with dinner. Obviously the no-knead recipe wouldn't do. So I returned to this older recipe that got me excited about making bread in the first place.
I plan on sautéing some red onions with thyme and folding them into the dough with feta cheese before baking. Cream of broccoli soup will be served alongside. Yum! Pin It

2 comments:

Zachary said...

Mmmm.. Bread.

Unknown said...

LOL.

That really sounds good, LouLou.

Wish i could mess around in the kitchen all day. . .